Tuesday 12 April 2011

Bohemian Rose Vintage

Whilst I should probably be making a start on my postcolonial literatures essay or attempting to begin the other mounds of coursework I have awaiting my attention, I feel that it would be a much better (or at least funner) use of my time to tell you about my latest delightful little vintage trip...

Thanks to my friend gorgeous Bee, I found out about a fantastic little evening in an Antiques shop near where she lives in Winchmore Hill, by the name of Barker&May, where they were hosting a vintage clothes party. The shop doesn't normally sell clothing at all, so the night was a real one-off, special occasion. Indeed, news of it seemed to have traveled and beckoned to the fashionistas of the quiet London suburb, and the tiny, unassuming shop was packed with vintage lovers who had flocked from their hiding places to excitedly sift through the rails. I could barely get my Mary Jane-clad foot in the door to get a look at the rails of hand picked vintage clothing, accessories and unique, hand-made jewelery, but Bee and I couldn't be deterred from fighting our way through to ogle the vintage goodies. And boy was I glad we did!

The pieces were brought in by vintage collector Leanne Mobbs from Bohemian Rose Vintage and were all hand-picked so there wasn't a lot of rubbish to rifle through before you got to the good stuff. I found myself wanting pretty much everything, which is the way I feel in vintage stores like Rokit, where everything is high quality and hand-chosen. However, unlike Rokit, the Bohemian Rose Vintage clothes came without the high street price tag. I always feel strongly that vintage clothing shouldn't be expensive- it is second hand and a lot of it can be found for under a fiver if you have the patience to hunt through endless charity shops. As much as I love Rokit, it is a brand which is undoubtedly cashing in on the current vintage explosion in the fashion world, and charges £25- £30 for tee shirts which would easily be a couple of quid in a charity shop. However, all of Leanne's items were pretty reasonably priced, with most of the dresses ranging from £15- £20 on average. Barker&May have hosted the evening before and it has been so successful that they are planning to have more in the future (yay!)

With Bee's expert help (that girl should be a stylist!) I got my hands on an adorable pale blue baby doll dress from the sixties for £15, a lovely cream slip dress for £20 and a cute-as-a-button blue jumper for £15. There was loads more I could have bought, but that will have to wait till after my next pay day!

Leanne also has an online store at www.bohemianrosevintage.com so please do check her out!

Here are some piccies of what I bought and all the different ways the three items can be worn!


The cream slipdress is just perfect for a summer day out when teamed with cute vintage accessories and red lipstick for a fifties look.
My dog Benji getting involved in the shoot! <3

Doesn't it look so cute with the jumper? :-)
And here's a more grungy take on the dress:

And here is my lovely lace babydoll dress :-)






I hope you like! xxx

11 comments:

  1. chloe i LOVE the yellow dress with the blue shirty!!

    i literally died when i saw it!! so cute!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fantastic! gorgeous hair
    check out my new post if u want:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. want that yellow dress! really like the fifties look.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jumper! I want ittttt! So pretty!

    Nice vintage finds! oooh, and they're not even expensive!

    Cool blog!
    xoxo

    www.quirkyanything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous outfits and you look amazing! love your hair color and good luck with the essay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chloe, you look gorgeous in everything!
    For more of the clothing collection please see our ASOS Boutique: https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/bohemianrose-vintage

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nude dress is stunning :o

    great blog!

    http://mysartorialsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. all such beautiful outfits !
    you have great style :)

    xox http://shayprasad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog!! I love your styl!! Amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! :)

    And your dog is sooo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete